Cogito ergo sum

Random gibberish.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hong Kong

Lazy, Dreamy, Thoughtful, Confident, Hooked on to music, Big smile, A hopeless romantic - sounds like me!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

freedom to percieve.

a recent post i read on freedom reminded me of this:

Once when I was living in the heart of a pomegranate, I heard a seed saying, "Someday I shall become a tree, and the wind will sing in my branches, and the sun will dance on my leaves, and I shall be strong and beautiful through all the seasons." Then another seed spoke and said, "When I was as young as you, I too held such views; but now that I can weigh and measure things, I see that my hopes were vain." And a third seed spoke also, "I see in us nothing that promises so great a future." And a fourth said, "But what a mockery our life would be, without a greater future!" Said a fifth, "Why dispute what we shall be, when we know not even what we are." But a sixth replied, "Whatever we are, that we shall continue to be." And a seventh said, "I have such a clear idea how everything will be, but I cannot put it into words." Then an eighth spoke - -and a ninth -- and a tenth -- and then many -- until all were speaking, and I could distinguish nothing for the many voices. And so I moved that very day into the heart of a quince, where the seeds are few and almost silent.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bittu's Mamma said...

A warm Welcome back! Mashe, Location : Phoenix, Arizona, United states???
ohhhh I got the answer just in next line Lazy, Dreamy.... :)

Happy to see you back :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lost in trance... said...

:D maan! yeah. will get to it.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Sree said...

Good one.

6:44 PM  
Blogger @rChU said...

Onum tane manasilayilya.....ur point????? Is moving outta a situation better than creating a revolution....or say just sticking to ur wit n being positive among all odds...btw wat is the context da....:P.....

11:19 PM  
Blogger Lost in trance... said...

arch, the context is another post on freedom, which was a classical example on the "voices" here :)

many a time, we dwell too much on one perspective, and lose sight of a bigger picture...but then i guess, to each his own! we all ahve our own lil priorities rite? :)

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home